Eight-time entrepreneur-turned-educator Steve Blank is credited with launching the Lean Startup movement. He’s changed how startups are built, how entrepreneurship is taught, how science is commercialized, and how companies and the government innovate.
Recognized as a thought leader on startups and innovation, Steve was named one of the Thinkers50 top management thinkers and recognized by the Harvard Business Review as one of 12 Masters of Innovation. (Blog)
An essential guide to building supportive entrepreneurial communities”Startup communities” are popping up everywhere, from cities like Boulder to Boston and even in countries such as Iceland. These types of entrepreneurial ecosystems are driving innovation and small business energy. Startup Communities documents the buzz, strategy, long-term perspective, and dynamics of building communities of entrepreneurs who can feed off of each other’s talent, creativity, and support.
Based on more than twenty years of Boulder-based entrepreneur turned-venture capitalist Brad Feld’s experience in the field?as well as contributions from other innovative startup communities?this reliable resource skillfully explores what it takes to create an entrepreneurial community in any city, at any time. Along the way, it offers valuable insights into increasing the breadth and depth of the entrepreneurial ecosystem by multiplying connections among entrepreneurs and mentors, improving access to entrepreneurial education, and much more.
- Details the four critical principles needed to form a sustainable startup community
- Perfect for entrepreneurs and venture capitalists seeking fresh ideas and new opportunities
- Written by Brad Feld, a thought-leader in this field who has been an early-stage investor and successful entrepreneur for more than twenty years
Engaging and informative, this practical guide not only shows you how startup communities work, but it also shows you how to make them work anywhere in the world.
Never Too Late to Startup: How Mid-Life Entrepreneurs Create Wealth, Freedom, & Purpose, Paperback – April 9, 2016 by
Start Your New Company, Get the Freedom You Have Always Dreamed Of
What if you could break free of the corporate rat race? How would your life be different if you owned your own business? Entrepreneurship is the ultimate mid-life career change.
Startup founder and former venture capitalist Rob Kornblum shows how starting a company in mid-life is not only achievable, but more likely to succeed. Through dozens of interviews with mid-life founders, Kornblum shows:
– How to discover great ideas for your new business
– Why great entrepreneurs don’t just follow their passion (and what they do instead)
– How to market your products like the pros
– How starting a side business lowers your risk
– How to build a great company AND keep a normal family life
– Why the skills you already have increase your chances of success
– How to find your ideal co-founders and team
– How mid-life entrepreneurs get their businesses funded
– Why this is the best time ever to start a business
Including BONUS Resources including a 90 Day Timeline, 1 Page Business Plan, Fundraising pitch template, and more.
If you have years of experience in business, have wanted to start your own business but never did, this is the book you need to get you over the hump.